- Amnesty International
A worldwide movement that works to promote all the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international standards.
- Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN)
A background note from the U.S. State Department summarizing the organization's politics, economics, and foreign relations. It's not an official ASEAN internet site.
- Communication Institute for Online Scholarship (CIOS)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
FAO catalog of publications, its work programme, and press releases.
- G8 Information Centre - University of Toronto.
A non-profit organization that operates as a voice of this fragile earth. It campaigns against environmental degradation.
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
An independent organization that tries to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and international violence and to provide them with assistance.
- International Labor Organization (ILO)
Organizational information and Director General speeches; press releases on such subjects as child labor, salaries, and occupational safety; catalog of ILO publications; some statistics included.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Press releases and speeches of the IMF, catalog of publications for purchase, extensive links to international financial organizations.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) - Mirror site in Slovenia
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
Catalog of OECD publications and data products.
- Organization of American States (OAS)
Speeches of Secretary General of OAS; directories, calendars, and organizational information; bibliography of OAS publications (primarily in Spanish) with summaries.
- Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- RAND Home Page
- United Nations (UN) and Basic information on the United Nations (history, charter, member countries); press releases, daily highlights.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Basic information about UNGCR and refugees; reference publications with statistical reports on refugees by country; country reports with descriptive text on the status of refugees by country as well as statistics; international law on refugees; information about the UNCHR and its publications.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Press releases, description of UNESCO programs; catalog of UNESCO publications and data bases.
- UNESCO Education Server
Statistics on educational enrollment, attainment, teaching, and finance for the world, contents, and groups of countries. Directory of national ministries of education and distributors of UNESCO publications (turn off the graphics on your browser to expedite access).
- Western European Union (WEU)
Basic documents, press releases and calendar.
- World Bank
Describes programs and publications of the World Bank; extensive summaries of selected publications.
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Press releases, programs, directories and publications of WHO; description of its statistics program wixth some viewable or downloadable files.
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
Trade Policy Reviews: analyze trade policy and assistance needed in developing countries; description of organization and its programs, press releases, newsletters, and a bibliography of publications.
|Health, Welfare and Sports
Volksgezondheid, Welzijn en Sport
|Health, Welfare and Sports
Volksgezondheid, Welzijn en Sport Internal Affairs
|Education, Cultural Affairs and Science
Onderwijs, Cultuur en Wetenschappen
|Social Affairs and Employment
Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid
|Transportation and Communications
Verkeer en Waterstaat
|Information on all ministries
- Dutch Parliament - The official site of the Dutch Parliament.
- Grondwet - The Dutch Constitution
All Dutch official publications in full text (15.000+ each year). It includes proceedings and agendas of parliament, collective labor agreements and more.
A portal of the Dutch government with links to all governmental sites, all the parliamentary documents and all laws and regulations since 1995.
Documentatiecentrum Nederlandse Politieke Partijen (DNPP)
Documentation Center Political parties in the Netherlands (University Library Groningen).
- Postbus 51
Information on National Government, including the Dutch Monarchy.
- Vereniging van Nederlandse Gemeenten (VNG) - Association of Netherlands Municipalities.
VNG empowers local government.
- Central Reference and Referral Point
Univ. of Michigan Documentation Center is a central reference and referral point for government information, whether local, state, federal, foreign or international.
- International Affairs Resources
The WWW Virtual Library contains annotated links in a range of international affairs topics. It is maintained by Wayne A. Selcher (Department of Political Science, Elizabethtown College, USA).
- International Information
Links to over 60 country government pages and nearly 100 International Government Organizations (IGOs). Sites included are the official government or organization sites. The depth of coverage of both government and IGO sites varies by country. International regional and topical pages are forthcoming. Editor: Mike McCaffrey-Noviss (Northwestern University Library).
- International Organizations and Groups (CIA)
Extensive listing of international and regional organizations with their address, phone and fax. Appendix of the World Factbook.
- International Organizations Web Sites
The Union of International Associations (UIA) has compiled pointers to over 5,000 international organizations. The organizations are listed alphabetically, topically, or regionally.