- Nothing is as easy as it looks.
- Everything takes longer than you think.
- In any field of scientific endeavor, anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
- If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that
will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
- If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
- If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which a
procedure can go wrong and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared
for, will promptly develop.
- Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.
- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
- Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.
- Mother Nature is a bitch.
- It is impossible to make anything foolproof,
because fools are so ingenious.
- Inevitably, you will forget one of your laws.
- The summary:
If anything can go wrong it will.
the worst possible time)